Friday, March 10, 2006

Post #2 for today

That previous post is taken from a lenten series, called an astonishing thing!, in the Church I attended in America in 2002. I loved the experience of it and have missed it ever since. We do advent fairly well, but lent seems to get left behind... I don't like surprises very much. I prefer the build up of anticipation, the eagerly waiting for something and enjoying and preparing for it. Easter is such a beautiful and big event that I feel I really do need the 40 days of focus and preparation to enjoy and appreciate it properly. So I plan to keep posting the little reminders here as a focus for myself. (And things like two of my housemates giving up speaking English together for Lent are also helpful reminders:)

2 comments:

Jon said...

I am a big fan of the Christian calender, this is my first year of following it properly and I have really enjoyed it so far.

fools' cap said...

I started slightly late (at Christmas) with a book of prayers borrowed from my mother - cheers aeiti! - and have been very impressed with it. It's nice to know there are others out there following a slightly offbeat calender (apart from all the church settings...:)