Thursday, August 10, 2006

Only two weeks left

I have made the very surprising discovery that I'll be leaving Swansea in two weeks time. Of course I knew it was coming at some point, but I hadn't realised I was going quite this soon. I can't even begin to catalogue or even contain most of the feelings running through me. I've made my home here over the last four years and this is a very dear place to me and the thought of leaving is actually quite upsetting. Moreso than I thought it might be. However it's also raging against my huge delight in being on the move again. A curse/blessing of having grown up in several places is the very strong feeling that fours years in one place is really a lifetime...

So, I'm packing, running errands, and working full-time at the moment. Is it even realistic to think I'll be ready? Current thinking is "no", but stranger things have happened before... (Including knowing full well that I'll be homeless and jobless come November!!:) Very selfishly, my biggest concern this very minute is will they lift the "no hand luggage on the plane" rule. For years stuffing heavy items in my hand luggage has been my method of packing to get everything along with me. If that is still in place on the 27th of August I'm screwed.

Packing problems aside, I'm really excited about my two weeks in Finland. This is the first time in two years that I'll be in Finland for the summer and won't have to suffer the cold and dark conditions of Finland in December. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Jon said...

You'll be missed. When is the last day? Will there be a leaving party?