Monday, September 11, 2006

Is it really five years?

What a change we've lived through, and are still living through. I still remember vividly hearing the news early in the morning on the west coast of the US about the towers, although not quite getting the magnitude of what had happened or what it meant for the next few days waiting to see what rolled forth... Along with all the flags that showed up overnight, "In God we trust" was also one of the more popular slogans that I saw around. I wish we/they did... Five years on we might have been in a different world than we are today.

On a different note: I head off to Glasgow tomorrow and to Iona the day after. Last time I was in Scotland I did not understand the locals at all, which I'm slightly concerned about. Although if I remember correctly we still played pool and got hugged at random moment - so perhaps I'll be alright afterall! Anyway... I won't be spending hours at a computer (this is advanced warning) but I shall still endeavor to post something on here to let you know how I'm doing and what Iona is like. Till later! xx

2 comments:

Jon said...

Have fun.

Liz Hinds said...

Have a great time, Maria, and do try and keep us updated!
x

I've got a good Scottish word for my verification: rfieeky