Sunday, October 08, 2006

Last Wednesday I had a day off and took off to Staffa Island to see Fingal's Cave. An hour's boat trip out with an hour onland. It was a beautiful day with big waves. The cave is really stunning and musical. Apparantly this cave inspired Mendhelson to write some classical music (Hebridean Overture, I think) while he was here - and I can see why. I'd do it if I could! On the way back we came upon a pod of dolphins (6-8) that were absolutely amasing. They swam and jumped and generally showed off all around us. It really was magical... It's the first time I've seen wild dolphins so I was very excited.

Yesterday I went to the North Shore to find some fairy rings (of mushrooms). And there they were! This island is constantly changing...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Any pictures?

Liz Hinds said...

You just make this sound idyllic!

We're all so envious.