Friday, October 19, 2007

Life without the internet at home

It's hard!!! I now haunt the library, internet cafes, and anywhere else I can, scrounging pitifully for some access to the world wide web... And there is never enough time to do all the things I want/need to. I'm amased by how it affects my life. E.g. as I'm back to being unemployed I've found it extremely frustrating as most of my job searching happens online. Six weeks with no connection is terrible - and Orange are being just as vague and as unhelpful as when we first reported the problem. Aaargh!

"I just waste a lot of time online when at home" or "I don't think I'd miss it much" are NOT helpful remarks when I tell others about our problem. I work from home and it is my main method of connecting with people far away from me and I NEED it...

Okay, rant over.

Winter is creeping in with the mist in the mornings and I'm back to being unemployed but feeling very busy. The shining sun is going a long way to make everyone happy, which is lovely:)

A friend of mine runs welikeplay.org and he recently added a game onto the site that I taught his two little boys to play called 'Toilet Tag'. It is a great game - check out the website - and it's fun to think of it spreading around the world: there's a woman in Hawaii who has already written in to say she loves the game and is using it...

No comments: