Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A heavenly night

Last night I cycled through Crane Park Nature Reserve and it was utterly beautiful. The still winter-bare trees were silhouetted against the fading dark blue sky, dusk was hovering down low, there was no one else around, and I was cycling along listening to strains of Miles Davies wafting in my ears courtesy of the iPod... Last time I cycled through it in the evening there was a bright full moon lighting my way and a fox darted across the path. I'm beginning to get very fond of the place.

I also felt like a proper grownup cyclist in my flourescent yellow jacket! Goodness knows what it'll feel like when I actually get a helmet...

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Maria! You haven't got a helmet?!!

fools' cap said...

Umm... There are slight Lenten restrictions going on in my budget...Though I guess that is a pretty lame excuse.