Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Iona of my heart, Iona of my love ( - St Columba)

And so, yesterday (was it only yesterday??) morning I stepped onto that ferry that took me across the Sound of Iona and away from that beautiful place. Stepping on that ferry was one of the most difficult things I've had to do.

Last Sunday I made a phone call and now I am on the Isle of Skye, in Portree, taking the time to breath and regroup myself. Considering that Oban had more than one street and so many shops and people and cars and was already advertising Christmas - and how much that threw me and made me feel as if I was suffering from a culture shock - I'm glad I came up north rather than going to Glasgow or some place like that.

My head and heart and soul are full of Iona.

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

I thought I had already commented on this - Blogger must have been playing up.

I am so pleased that you have had such an awesome experience.

I pray God will show you the way ahead clearly (and I hope it involves Swansea in some way).