Thursday, April 05, 2007

Of Dr Who and stuff

Well, the Dr Who season has kicked off again. I was lucky enough to have fellow enthusiasts from Swansea visiting me so we all sat down to marvel at the Doctor's new assistant, Martha Jones, and the fact that a chunck of it was filmed in the library of Swansea University. Obviously they disguised the place a little, but if you have spent three years of your life in a building (or that's what it feels like) you are bound to recognise it! Anyhow it was very exciting spotting one's old haunts on telly...

For reasons unknown John Travolta is lurking downstairs by our bins. Okay, so it is a cardboard cut out of him and some fellow actors, but it is not the sort of thing I expect when taking the rubbish out. I often catch him in the corner of my eye when going indoors, and at night that can be a little alarming. At least he's not as noisy as the fox who have their den in our back garden.

Hilton Maldives will be opening the very first all-glass underwater restaurant in the world on the 15th of April (isn't it amazing what one learns from the internet?) and soon diners will be able to watch what they eat swim by... Doesn't that sound amasing? I can't wait for this to become available to us mere peasants. Although I don't know how much we'd actually see in the Thames. Perhaps Scotland would have the advantage over us seeing as they have some stunningly clear and gorgeous waters. Sounds like the drier option to diving, at any rate, with no risk of the bends.

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

I missed the first Dr Who as I was in London but I'll look out for a repeat. I love David Tennant.

I'm sure you could sell John Travolta on ebay ...

fools' cap said...

Ummm...ebay. Now that's a thought. I wonder if anyone really would by him? Posting it to someone might cost a fortune though.

Liz Hinds said...

Wrapping him up would be difficult too!

A very happy Easter to you, Maria! x