Sunday, April 29, 2007

This is ridiculous...

...it's quarter to eleven (pm) and I'm figuring out how to get from Richmond to Didcot, of all places. There's a training day happening in Sutton Courtney tomorrow which I'd like to go to but I don't know if I'm actually booked to go on it as I only sent off my application form on Thursday. I tried calling on Friday but could get no answer.

So this is my solution: go to Didcot anyway and call while I'm on my way. If I'm on the course I'll carry on to Sutton Courtney. If I'm not I'll go walking on the Ridgeway. The weather forecast for tomorrow is sunny and 20C - so I'm not entirely sure which I'd actually prefer... What a situation to be in though!! At any rate, I'm hoping this will teach me never to leave booking until the last minute, and also to approach these situations without worrying too much about what I can't help or do anything about. In fact it is rather exciting to set off without know what will happen!

Well, apart from for pre-7 am start that is.

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

I once had to go to East Grinstead to meet someone I didn't know. I set off on the train in the morning not having been able to get an address or even confirm if the time was suitable and if there would be anyone there to meet me at the station. It all worked out okay but not one of my wisest moves!